John H. Adair III
Phone: (954) 762-3400
Fax: (954) 525-3423
John Adair is part of the Real Estate Department of Doumar, Allsworth et al. Mr. Adair’s principle area of practice are in commercial and residential real estate transactions, specifically lender law and relations, mortgage loan transactions, land use and title insurance services. Mr. Adair is an authorized title agent for Attorneys´ Title Insurance Fund, Inc., Attorneys’ Title Fund Services, LLC and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
Prior to joining the real estate department of the Firm, Mr. Adair was a trial lawyer with extensive trial experience in the area of criminal litigation in Circuit and County Courts of Florida and Federal Court. Mr. Adair also represents attorneys before The Florida Bar on discipline matters and Florida Bar applicants before The Florida Board of Bar Examiners. Mr. Adair has also represented clients before many of the Florida administrative governmental agencies.
Prior to joining the law firm of Doumar, Allsworth, et al, Mr. Adair was Broward County Assistant Public Defender. He also operated his own law practice after leaving the Public Defender’s office.
Mr. Adair is a native to South Florida. He, his wife and their daughter live in Ft. Lauderdale and are active members of Church by the Sea of Ft. Lauderdale. Both he and his wife are trained Stephen Ministers. Mr. Adair has served on the Coral Ridge Homeowner’s Association and is a graduate of Leadership Broward, Class XXV. Mr. Adair is a Member National of the Explorer’s Club.
Mr. Adair also provides pro-bono legal services, as legal counsel, (and member) of Woodville Karst Plain Project, a non-profit organization that focuses on the protection and exploration of the natural underwater caves and ground water in Florida and throughout the world.
- Supreme Court of the United States (2004)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (1994)
- 11th. Circuit Court of Appeals (1994/2000)
- Juris Doctorate, 1992 – University of Miami School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1983 – University of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement
- Woodville Karst Plain Project, General Counsel
- The Explorers Club, Member National (South Florida Chapter)
- Leadership Broward, Class XXV
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Guest Lecturer, Miami Law Innocence Clinic, Summer 2018, University of Miami School of Law
- Panelist, 4th Annual National Diversity Pre-Law Conference and Law Fair 2017
- Panelist, “Cannabis Law Summit” April 20, 2017
- Panelist, “Current Legal cases in the news”, Toastmasters
- Presenter, “Project Baseline – Invasive Species”, The Explorers Club, South Florida Chapter
- Co-Authored , “Maximize Safety and Enjoyment in Dynamic Environments”, Quest, Vol 15, No. 3